Providing sustainable solution to container deposit
Approximately ninety percent of the world’s goods are transported by sea. Considering the increasing importance of sea transport as main conveyor belt for goods, there are continuous efforts at global and other levels to ensure competitiveness of this mode. Key to this is ensuring that both the interests of the carriers (shipping lines) and sea transport users (freight forwarders and shippers) to ensure sustainable and competitive sea transport.
“The container Guarantee is a business-friendly alternative to container deposits”
With over 70% of the sea freight containerized, containers are predominantly very critical transport units. Therefore, for the supply chain to remain efficient and fluid, containers must be safeguarded and turned around efficiently. Currently, the containers are delayed in return, damaged or lost while in hands of the transport users. This results in losses to shipping lines and inefficient transport logistics services and imposition of various requirements such as cash deposits which suppress the financial liquidity and competitiveness of the container user. This underminess the overall objective of trade facilitation.
The Container Guarantee Solution
Securing container in East African market
In East Africa, like in many other parts of the world, container deposit has been flagged as a trade barrier by both private and public sector at national and regional level. Viaservice provides a sustainable solution that addresses the concerns of both the carriers and the container users, the container guarantee.
The solution is supported and hailed by all transport logistics and institutional stakeholders as a lasting cure for the container deposit trade barrier.
Since last year, the solution is operational in Tanzania through which all the countries using the port of Dar es Salaam are served. Plans are underway to rollout the solution across Africa and in other parts of the world.
The container guarantee serves:
- Customs agents and freight forwarders
- Shipping lines
Viaservice Limited guarantees shipping lines of full recovery in case of an incidence
The Container Guarantee solution:
- Covers demurrage, damage and total loss of containers on reimbursement basis
- Eliminates the need to put up cash deposit to secure containers
- Guarantees shipping lines of full recovery in case of an incidence
- Allows the user to pay for obligation after return of containers
- Eliminates the administrative burden of managing deposits
- Improves cashflow for shippers, their agents, businesses and shipping lines
- Is provided through an online platform that enhances transparency and user’s experience
- Maintains the liability chain and upholds compliance
- Safeguards the commercial relationship between the carrier and shipper/agents
How to become a guarantee user?
Follow these four (4) easy steps:
Want to become a guarantee user?
Get in touch with Viaservice Limited through email@example.com to register free of charge after which you can order guarantees online at any time.
Our latest news:
- Why the Container Guarantee improves the cashflow
- Why the traditional container deposits is flagged as a trade barrier
- Viaservice introduces the Container Guarantee solution in East-Africa
- Container Guarantee: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Offer
- Freight forwarders commend removal of cash deposit on containers
About Viaservice Ltd
Viaservice Limited is a local subsidiary of Viaservice SA, a Swiss based company that serves globally to address the key challenges of the transportation and logistics industry leveraging on its global, investments and expertise.
Viaservice Ltd has a mission to provide innovative and disruptive trade and transport facilitation solutions to enhance competitiveness of the logistics industry in East Africa in collaboration with relevant stakeholders among them Tanzania Freight Forwarders Association (TAFFA), Federation of East African Freight Forwarders Associations (FEAFFA) to deliver this solution.
7th Floor, Regus Seaport, Amani Place Office Park-Ohio Street, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
T: +255 743 643 155 or +255 743 643 137
Disclaimer: Container guarantee is not an insurance service and is only offered to registered users.